Galactic Bioware designed its 2021 casual collection to deliver maximum protection against the threats to personal safety present in big cities without compromising comfort or clean design.
Our collection employs a multi-layer system of fibers that aims to reduce the impact and injury level from gunfire, knife wounds and bomb shrapnel.
|Outer Layer||Mid Layer||Inner Layer|
|100% Cotton drill fabric is a durable and hard-wearing textile. Galactic Bioware uses a distinct 9.44oz/yd2 (320gsm) drill fabric with a subtle diagonal drill weave for additional structure and strength.||Laminated high-modulus polyethylene whose long carbon chains serve to transfer impact load more effectively to the polymer backbone as a result of heavily strengthened intermolecular interactions. The mid layer is hidden between the outer and inner layers.||Delicate blend of soft and smooth comfortable polyester with an advanced polymer weave provides extraordinary all-direction stretch ability, comfort, durability and moisture distribution for quick-dry.|
Galactic Bioware General Garment Construction
- Galactic Bioware uses heavy weight cotton drill 9.44oz/yd2 (320gsm), like many workwear brands, because it is one of the most durable, breathable and naturally absorbent fibers which doesn't show perspiration like many synthetics do.
- Our cotton drill doesn’t hold odors like other fibers so it is easier to maintain in everyday as well as stressful conditions.
- The protective layer used by Galactic Bioware is rigid, but has been specially cut, shaped and heat-molded to allow for natural movement.
- Most of our garments leverage paneling that is twin-needle topstitched for strength and durability.
- Our signature blue woven tape is a design feature that also prevents the waistband and other features from stretching over time.
- Galactic Bioware uses authentic VELCRO® fastening at hem as well as in welt pockets that use internal VELCRO® to prevent drooping.
Galactic Bioware T-Shirt Construction
- Our T-shirts use a unique 4-thread stitching method incorporating woven paneling for strength and durability.
- Our women’s bustier comprises a rigid top-layer, shaped & heat-molded over the bust for a flattering fit. This bustier is fully lined. It can be cinched at the waist with authentic VELCRO® fastening side straps.
- Our men's t-shirt chest panel is secured at long edges only, to allow for maximum breathability and comfort.
Galactic Bioware Ranger Hood Construction
- Galactic Bioware Ranger Hoods are made from 15 separate but overlapping protective soft-armor pieces, which allows the structure to mold around the head for maximum comfort and protection.
- Our hoods collapse neatly when not being worn.
- The outer is our heavy duty 9.44oz/yd2 (320gsm) cotton drill panelled with double brushed French Terry 100% cotton 11.21oz/yd2 (380gsm) fleece with anti-odor and anti-static protection.
- Our raglan fit allows for greater shoulder and arm movement.
- All body seams are finished with 4-thread stitching, for strength, durability and stretch.
- Shoulder paneling is darted for a great fit.
- All pockets are lined in fleece for ultimate comfort
Galactic Bioware Manufacturing Location
- All products are made in and shipped from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.